Having a positive culture within your company is very important to a company’s success. A positive culture creates happy workers. Happy workers are more motivated and dedicated to the company. The more motivated and happy workers are the better the work they produce will be. As you can see it is all related.
It all works together and it is very important to always keep this in mind. Internal Public Relations is critical to the success of a company. Your employees will know and see things that you might not know about. They will know how to keep things effective and efficient.
If you listen to them and value them then they will share their knowledge with you and your company will be better off. Below are some strategies to engage your employees and improve your overall company culture.
- Give your employees an anonymous survey. Ask for their feedback on the day to day workings of your company. Find out how they feel about the benefits you offers. Ask what benefits are a priority for them. Question what their favorite part of their job is and what is their least favorite. Ask what they love about your company and what they would like to see improved. Ask them for their ideas on how they want to see things work or projects they want the company to explore. If they have an idea, request they put their name if they are willing to be part of a team to implement their vision. When you get the surveys back, aggregate the data and put together a presentation on what the employees said they would like to see and what they like. Share it with your employees in department meetings or a big company event. Come up with some of the things that you will implement form the survey. Ask for their help in implementing things. If they have a new idea in the survey that you are going to try, then have them be part of team that figures out how to implement the plan.
This gives them a sense of ownership and pride which will spread to the other members of your staff. The more you can give your employees a say and let them feel listened to the better.
Have an employee of the week or month. Have a nomination process for the recognition. Allow any employee to nominate another employee. Have a couple of committees to review the application. I would recommend including employees as part of the committees along with management. If you have a few committees it helps diversify who gets picked and minimizes any feeling of favorites. Once you have a system set for nominating and picking your employees of the month or week, you will need to decide how you want to recognize them. Some idea on how to recognize your employees:
- Have a lunch in their honor where you present a certificate.
- Provide a gift certificate to a local restaurant.
- Give them a special parking spot for the month.
- Let them have an extra hour for lunch or leave an hour early.
- Put up a plaque by the entrance showing off each employee and what they do that makes them special.
- Have an employee recognition day where you thank your employees for all their hard work. Give out cute gifts or have a breakfast buffet for your employees. Send out thank you notes for all their hard work.
Using these strategies you will improve your overall culture of your company making it a happy place for your employees and you.